To ensure their commercial activities are realistic, practice firms must practically become a carbon copy of one or several actually existing companies, which become mentor firms. A mentor firm is sufficient, but many practice firms choose several in order to diversify their operations. The mentor firm is the model for the organization of the practice firm. At its discretion, it provides different documents, shares its expertise, participates in activities in areas such as sales and marketing, purchasing, human resources, accounting and finance. It ensures that the practice firm is up-to-date on the realities of the labor market in their area.
Taking up the role of being a mentor firm for a practice firm does has no direct financial implication. It requires above all a little time, especially at the beginning of the partnership. However, this role provides visibility opportunities and is a great way to get involved in the community.
- Allow the simulated marketing of its products or services by the practice firm within the national and the international networks;
- Loan of display equipment, advertising literature, administrative documents (for example: posters, catalogs, sales contracts, delivery notes, invoices, etc.)
- Tips and timely information provided to the PF Management ensure the realism of its business
- Possible visibility opportunities: on the practice firm promotional material; at practice firm trade shows; within the practice firm as they are visible to staff members, participants, and visitors; international exposure due to the commercial activities in a worldwide network;
- Ability to conduct international market research;
- Possibility of recruiting practice firm participants who are already familiar with the operations of the mentor firm, its products, its services, and its markets.
EUROPEN-PEN International is a nonprofit organization established on October 27, 1997. It unites trainees, through national networks, in overs 7 500 practice firms in 40 countries around the world. This rapidly expanding network now covers every continent and corner of the world.
For more details, visit the link below:
- Association des centres de recherche d’emploi du Québec (ACREQ)
- Collectif autonome des Carrefour jeunesse emploi du Québec (CACJEQ)
- Collectif des entreprises d’insertion du Québec (CEIQ)
- Réseau des Carrefours jeunesse-emploi du Québec (RCJEQ)
- Regroupement des organismes spécialisés pour l’emploi des personnes handicapées (ROSEPH)
- Regroupement québécois des organismes pour le développement de l’employabilité (RQUODE)
- Réseau des services spécialisés de main-d’œuvre (RSSMO)
- LMA Works
Gouvernments and agencies
« After several months of job hunting, my efforts remained unsuccessful. Yet I followed the usual steps: updating my resume, signing up on several job search sites. What was wrong? In the meantime, before getting back on the labour market, where could I find some support? PLASTIGROULX, a practice firm in Ste-Thérèse, was for me a transitioning place, a place to go further in my journey. I have been supported by a competent, strong, humane, empathetic team. I came away better equipped, stronger, fully fueled, ready for work! »
« It is with great enthusiasm that I give you this testimony of satisfaction with hiring a participant. On October 23, 2011, I hired a trainee from the Plastigroulx. This was the beginning of a great adventure that still lasts! I’ve noticed since then that PFs do prepare job searchers to face the realities of today’s labour market, using all aspects of the human being. This approach meets my employer’s expectations and makes me believe in the concept. »
« Thank you for making my dream come true. I really wanted to get into HR and your consistent guidance and support helped me a lot in achieving my goal. As a newcomer to Canada, the practice firm Gateway to the Rockies proved to be is a great platform to develop new skills in Canada’s labour market. It helped me find the job I was looking for. Thank you once again and keep up the good work! »
« As an employer, I look for employees that are active, versatile, and who demonstrate a desire to work towards the objectives of the company. I hired two persons who were from Bioglobe, a practice firm. I have found that people being trained in a practice firm proved to be up to the company’s requirements. They show a constant concern for developing their skills. I now think that the practice firm is a good reference bank of candidates for Group Deniso Lebel. »